An all natural, sweet treat that won’t send you blood sugar through the roof
So you are female, hormonal, pregnant and let’s face it… at some point you will to be craving a gooey, sweet, chocolate chip cookie. You will feel guilty about it. You will try to eat a piece of fruit to suppress the craving. It won’t work. You will anguish on whether or not to give in. You will give in and have just one chocolate chip cookie (20-40 grams of carbs) and you will worry that your little meter is going to give you an outrageously high number so…. you walk for an hour after eating the little piece of heaven. Sound familiar?
I am pretty sure some of you are ready to take a cookie and shove it down my throat right now but I found a little slice of heaven with only 13 grams of carbs and to go along with it 2 grams of fiber and 3.6 grams of protein! Perfect for an after dinner dessert!
Yes it is a treat, but one that is so delicious, reasonably low in carbs and it will more than satisfy the chocolate chip cookie craving! As my pledge, there are no artificial sweeteners in this or any of my recipes!
You: Ummm, Katie, I looked at the ingredients and there a can of chickpeas listed first… sounds gross…
Me: Trust me on this one… they are absolutely delicious and have been approved my husband and kids. My 3 year old even did a cookie dance:) I wish I had it on video!
- 1 can (15 oz) Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans), drained and rinsed
- ½ c Natural Peanut Butter (Peanuts and Salt are only ingredients)
- ¼-1/3 c Honey (vary depend on sweetness preferred)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ c + 1 T mini chocolate chips
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease 8x8 square pan or a 9" round pan
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in food processor and process until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in evenly in pan and sprinkle with 1 T chocolate chips and sea salt
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the top is light brown.