What’s for Breakfast?… and I do not mean Eggsl!
If you have gestational diabetes, you know that eating the same thing over and over again becomes a way of life. It is easier to eat scrambled eggs with veggies and a piece of toast EVERYDAY than it is to come up with something new that “fits” the diet. On one hand, it is safe, on the other hand, you are bored and if you never eat another egg again, you would be happy. I cannot not judge… I had that very meal EVERY MORNING after my diagnosis.
But you know what, I was BORED and frustrated. I honestly felt trapped. It was not until the end of my pregnancy that I started becoming “adventurous” and trying new combinations of foods. This made me feel empowered and as simple as it sounds, I felt like I had control again. I challenge you, try one new combination, empower yourself!
So what adventurous, new recipe have you tried?! Are you eating the same foods over and over again? Do yourself a favor, try ONE new recipe/ food tomorrow and let me know about it!
Looking for something new and adventurous to try for breakfast?
Looking for a grab and go breakfast?
This, my friends, has become a fan favorite in my house. The boys love it for… well… the almond butter and I love it because I can make the evening before without a stove AND it is packed with protein and fiber!…. According to my 5 year old… EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZEY!
- 1 c Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 1 c Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 T Peanut Butter- All Natural (Peanuts and Salt)
- ¼ c Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Honey or Real Maple Syrup (Optional)
- Whisk Almond Milk, Yogurt and Peanut Butter until smooth. Stir in cinnamon, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla and oatmeal. Refrigerate overnight. I typically eat about ¼ to ⅓ of the recipe and share the rest with my kiddos!
Want more? Make sure are signed up for my newsletter HERE and keep in touch.
Also, “Like” me on Facebook! See ya later gator!